Design a responsive website for Cambodian restaurant to cop with the online orders for delivery and pickup demands.
Project duration: November 2021 - January 2022
My role and responsibilities: conduct research, design concept, paper and digital wireframe, and high-fidelity prototypes.
Restaurant name & URL
Champa Khmer and champakhmer.com
We aim to bring Cambodian taste and feel to the San Francisco neighborhood with affordable pricing and a fun experience.
Food & drink
Cambodian foods with homemade drinks and desserts with options for vegetarian and vegan.
Serving: launch, dinner, desserts, and drinks
Pricing: $12+ for lunch and from $40+ for dinner serving.
Champa Khmer will be serving in San Francisco in the Hayes Valley neighborhood. The location is close to one of the famous tourist destinations (The Pink Ladies and park). The neighbor is a highly populated area that hosts all the tech and professional workers.
Main target audience
Since the location has a high population of professionals and families with all ages of tourists to the city. The restaurant’s target audience will be the following:
- Young professionals
- Families and young kids (age 8 - 16)
- Business people
- Young parents
Bring a Cambodian authenticated taste to San Francisco with options for lunch and dinner. We are committed to sourcing our ingredients from local markets whenever possible.
The website focus on the following target audiences:
Order online for pickup or delivery
Make a reservation online either for dining in or catering
Interest in trying out new things or tastes
Millennials and Generation Z with tech-savvy
Age: 13 to 65
Location: San Francisco, CA
Personality & attitudes: busy schedule and no time to cook, someone who likes to treat family or others to a nice meal on both special occasions and non-special occasions.
-Values: to support local businesses and immigrants
Lifestyle: like to hang out and try new things in neighborhoods.
Location: San Francisco, CA
The website needs to enable the users to:
- Find out if Champa Khmer accepts online order for delivery or pickup
- Menu with pictures and description
- Restaurant opening hours, reservation and catering
- To learn more about the restaurant story
- Contact details
The website needs to enable the client to:
- Provide website that allow users to place online order for pickup or delivery
- Provide a system for order customization
- Provide a reservation online for dine in and catering
- Provide information on opening hours
- Provide information on restaurant menu
Outline of scope
"The user will be looking for..."
- Menu with pictures and a short description
- Product offering: lunch and dinner
- What's new on the menu or special
- Information about the business
"The user will be able to..."
- Add items to cart and edit it
- Place a note for special instruction to meet the user's diet
- Checkout via credit card or virtual wallet
- Request additional items like napkin or utensil or sources
- Select date and time to complete the reservation
Wireframe – Checkout Process + Homepage
Pandemic has changed the way people dine out. An option to place an order for pickup and delivery is expected by the users for restaurant.
Most restaurant can't afford to have a mobile application. More and more people access the internet through their smartphones. Therefore, responsive design is important.
Conduct usability studies to get feedback on the high-fidelity prototype. To determine whether the client's needs are met.
Design the mobile version the restaurant website and iterate on design based on feedback received.